Hero Headlines: Suit Yourself…Be Kind.

Safe. Respectful. Responsible. 

Greetings, Meadow Brook Partners!

When I walked out of the building from conferences on Thursday evening I saw something that made me remember what is means to be a Meadow Brook Hero.

It was dark, it was snowing, and it was cold.

It had been a long day. Wonderful, with opportunities to share stories and celebrations with many partners, but long nonetheless.

It would have been understandable if people walking out of the building late in the evening would have been thinking about nothing more that heading home.

What I saw was an act of selflessness and kindness.

Mrs. Schroeck was just finishing wiping the snow off of everyone else’s cars.  If your car was still in the lot, it was cleared off by Mrs. Schroeck.

Thank you, Mrs. Schroeck, for being a shining example of what it means to be a Meadow  Brook Hero!

Let’s all follow that lead over the next couple of days and do as many acts of kindness as we can.  It feels good and it helps all of us build the positive partnerships we pride ourselves in our wonderful school community.

For more on how kindness can help us and everyone around us check out this inspirational Ted Talk from Mark Kelly:

Thank you for your patience and your partnership…in it together for the kids!

With optimism and gratitude,

Seth

Seth E. Berg

Principal

Meadow Brook Elementary

Call: (248) 726 -4101

Click: sberg@rochester.k12.mi.us

My Reflective Journey: Berg’s Eye View

2 thoughts on “Hero Headlines: Suit Yourself…Be Kind.

1. Yet another reason why Mrs. Schroeck is amazing! There are so many fantastic teachers at MBE! Thanks to you all!

1. Indeed…I am so fortunate to serve this incredible community! Thank you for your kinds words, Tracey! With Gratitude:)