This past Saturday a group of Meadow Brook educators (and friends) attended the Colby Sharp event at Oakland Schools sponsored by the Oakland County Reading Council.
Colby Sharp shared his new book “Game Changer,” co-written with Donalyn Miller, focusing on student engagement with books and getting books into the hands of all our students!
Some take aways to enhance our kids love for reading:
- Discover kids’ interests – whatever they are!
- Get books in kids hands – whatever they like!
- Make reading fun and exciting – always joyful!
- Make reading your world – reading should be like breathing!
- Read across the curriculum – Read, Read, Read!
- Charting your journey can help you help your kids along their…what’s your reading life like – how did it start for you and how did it progress?
Thank you to our incredible PTA for supporting our School Improvement Plan by providing funding for this and many more adult learning opportunities!
Thank you to our incredible staff for being leaders in learning!
You are all Meadow Brook Heroes!
Keep up the great work on behalf of our kids’ safe and joyful learning and growth!
Stay tuned for more on our School Improvement Efforts.
Check out our current School Improvement Plan (SIP) here: MBE School Improvement Plan 2018 – 2019
In it together for the kids!